SIMHS FINANCIAL REPORT 2014 IRS FORM 990 2013The SIMHS is a not-for-profit children’s services provider agency, founded in 1895. Our mission is to diagnose and treat emotional, behavioral, organic, and developmental problems; to create and support programs and environments that reduce the risk of disability and advance the optimal development of children; to increase our knowledge of the causes and treatments of mental illness and developmental impairment; and to promote public awareness of, and support for, the value and availability of our services.
- We serve one-in-ten Staten Island families
- Last year we treated over 5,000 individuals
- We conducted more than 232,000 child and family evaluation and treatment sessions
- We delivered services at 21 sites, by 300 professional and support staff
- Our volunteers donated over 50,000 hours of service
To the Children We Say…
“We are your friend, your voice, your advocate, and your ally. We are here when you need us.”